Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What's in a name


We are having the hardest time figuring out what girl names we like for our little baby! Before I even got pregnant I had two names that I thought for sure if I ever had a little girl, I would name her one of the two names. When we found out it was a girl though, neither of those names really seemed to work and I have felt very unsettled as to using them. Though we are going to wait till she is born to officially name her, I can't even find names that I feel would work! Even though I haven't always loved my name, for as long as I can remember, there was only ONE Erin (me) in my grade. That changed in college where there was another girl named Erin starting freshman year with us and I found it really bothered me to have another girl with my name in my classes. Luckily, she left on a mission after freshman year and didn't come back until my senior year, but by that time, it wasn't in my grade and it didn't really bother me. My name isn't out there (as I know a few other Erin's) it just wasn't super common and you didn't hear it all the time in school. I want the same for my daughter. I don't want her to have a name that is super common and you hear all the time but at the same time I am not going to name her something completely off the wall. Vintage names are making a huge comeback and all the names that I have thought were cute have been in the top 10 girl names for the last few years. LAME! So hopefully I will find something that works before she is born!

1 comments:

Rachel Pond said...

I hate that all of the names I like are becoming really popular too! I keep seeing Harper, especially on Ohdeedoh and I read that it's an up and coming name and will be in the top 10 in less than 10 years. It's super lame, but I'm still going to keep it. I hope you guys find a name that works before she comes!

Post a Comment