Recent Posts

Thursday, February 24, 2011

3 Weeks and Counting

The last several weeks have flown by and I can't believe my due date is almost here! It seems like all the girls I know that are pregnant have started having their babies and I cannot wait for our little girl to be in my arms. I've started to have contractions and I have to say they are hilarious. They don't hurt yet but they are funny because I get really really hot during them. Like, want to take all my clothes off hot. Also, my face gets really flushed so it is easy to see when I am having one. Luckily, we don't really go anywhere so it isn't embarrassing to have my face get super red all of the sudden. I love my OB Dr. Baker. I have been going down to Rosemark Women's Care in Idaho Falls and have loved the staff and my doctor. I was really worried about finding an OB here that I would really like and feel like I was receiving the care that I wanted. Rexburg is full of pregnant girls and I didn't want to be rushed at an appointment or feel like I was just another number. Dr. Baker is such an awesome doctor and I have felt so confident in his abilities and have felt comfortable at my doctor's appointments. At my last appointment, he put a lot of my fears to rest and I can honestly say that I am looking forward to delivery.

One of my best friends Rachel (who had the cutest little girl Harper last week) told me about this series on Lifetime called "One Born Every Minute." Nate and I have been watching the episodes and it has been surprisingly helpful and informative. It follows three different pregnant women throughout the labor and delivery process and though it doesn't show the delivery full on (i.e. the shots between the legs) it does show everything from getting an epidural (the needle really isn't big) to the actual baby coming out. It has also shown a lot of the different things that can go wrong during a delivery and how different women cope with the pain. Some women are so loud (and annoying!!). We went on a hospital tour yesterday after my appointment and when the nurse was going through everything, it was exactly how it was on the show, which was nice to have seen in advance what I will have to go through.

I hope I don't have a long and complicated delivery and hope I don't have to get a c-section. Luckily, Dr. Baker doesn't think this little girl will be any bigger than 6 1/2 lbs (he's guessing somewhere in-between 6 and 6 1/2 lbs) so hopefully a lot of complications will be avoided. Her room is all set up, we have all the things we need, the diaper bag is packed and all her clothes are washed so the only thing we are waiting on now is this girl to get here! I feel blessed that I am still able to bend down, paint my toes, put on my socks, and shave my legs still, HOWEVER, I am greatly looking forward to when I can do those things without any difficulty (oh the little things we take for granted). I wouldn't mind if she came early but I just want her to come when she is ready. The next couple of weeks can't come soon enough!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

holy cow! This is so exciting that you are so close! I wish people could have seen when I was having a contraction - then I would have seemed more justified for making funny faces, or needing to lay down all of the sudden. I can't wait to hear more about your sweet little girl!

Jessi said...

p.s. will be pryaing for you!

Rasmussen Family said...

Can't Wait!,,

Post a Comment