Recent Posts

Monday, December 13, 2010

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

I have felt a lot like Goldilocks in regards to my sleeping quarters. Beds are either too hard or too soft and nothing is feeling just right anymore! We received a 5-inch memory foam mattress pad when we were first married as a wedding gift and it was the best wedding gift I could have ever not known to ask for. Our bed has always been super super comfortable and I have always enjoyed coming home from a trip to sleep in our own bed. Lately, however, I can not get comfortable when I sleep. I have a body pillow but it hasn't helped at all. Since I am 26 weeks along, I guess my hips are spreading apart slowly to get ready for this baby to come. Whatever is going on is causing me severe discomfort. When I lay down it's like everything gets out of line and then my lower back just aches. And don't get me started on my tailbone when I sit in a hard chair too long! I honestly thought women were just overreacting when it came to the aches and pains of pregnancy but turns out they are right! Not that I have much to complain about because for the most part, this has been a pretty easy pregnancy and I am grateful to have a healthy, growing baby. But let me tell you, I have a whole new appreciation for my mom who went through this eight times! Only 14 more weeks to go and I am so excited for my little girl to be here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment